Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by amy
Some people just look better in glasses, and Zooey Deschanel is one of them.
Best known for playing charmingly quirky characters in movies and TV shows, most notably New Girl, 500 Days of Summer, and Elf, Zooey is hardly seen on-camera without her face-framing fringe and signature black frame glasses, like the ones she wore for New Girl.
And we have the same pair for you in Classic Specs’ Amherst.
Where Can I Get Zooey Deschanel’s Glasses?
You can get Zooey’s iconic black frame glasses from Classic Specs in Amherst. Simple black frames look classy and sophisticated on anyone. And if you have a strong jawline, a rounded frame like Amherst can help lessen the angularity of your face.
Get Amherst in Carbon Black to emulate Zooey’s geek-chic aesthetic. You can also get it in Havana Tortoise, Meadow Crystal, and Olive Streak if an all-black frame looks too harsh against your skin tone.
Amherst is available in single-vision and progressive prescriptions for correcting single-vision problems (e.g., nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism) and presbyopia, respectively.
Amherst is also available in readers and non-prescription.
What Glasses Does Zooey Deschanel Wear?
Zooey Deschanel has seen her fair share of glasses throughout her career. From her New Girl character Jess’ classic round specs to rectangular tortoiseshell glasses, she treats her specs as fashion accessories.
Here are other Classic Specs glasses in styles Zooey has worn on-screen:
These hip rectangle glasses are made with high-quality Italian Mazzucchelli cellulose acetate and hand-polished to a glossy finish. They come in three colors: Havana Tortoise, Smoulder, and Sienna.
This large, square frame brings softness and balance to angular heart faces and suits round, oval, and square face shapes. Abby eyeglasses are available in Havana Tortoise and Tokyo Tortoise designs made from the one-of-a-kind Italian Mazzucchelli cellulose acetate.
This rectangle frame adds structure to softer oval and round face shapes. Choose between Carbon Black and Havana Tortoise.
What Face Shape Suits Amherst Eyeglasses?
Amherst frames suit round, oval, and square face shapes best.
Do Black Frame Glasses Look Good on Everyone?
Yes. While most eyeglass frames are designed for specific face shapes and skin tones, black frame glasses like Amherst suit anyone. They are a universally flattering frame, providing a great look for all ages.
Classic Specs Tips for Styling Amherst Eyeglasses
Here are five tips for looking great in our Amherst eyeglasses:
- Wear dainty jewelry. Not wearing jewelry with a classic frame like Amherst contributes to a plain yet functional look. Complementing them with long, dangling earrings can easily overwhelm your face. The solution is to wear dainty jewelry, like small gold hoop earrings or sparkling studs.
- Go easy on eyeliner. Thick, winged eyeliner can read harshly when paired with bold eyeglasses like Amherst. For a simple but polished look, keep your eyeliner short and thin. You can also try colored eyeliner to make your eyes pop behind your specs.
- Bring balance to your face. Your hair can be your best accessory, with your specs being a close second. With a frame like Amherst, you’ll want to keep things balanced by putting your hair in a ponytail or bun. You can also wear your hair half-up or half-down for an effortlessly chic look.
- Choose soft, neutral shadows. A strong frame like Amherst’s can create shadows around your eye area. You don’t want to make your eyes look darker, so instead of choosing a navy blue shadow, try a pale blue one. For a more neutral look, pastels, pinks, and shimmers brighten the eyes.
- Clean your lenses. Dirty lenses never look good, regardless of the frame that you have. For spick and span lenses, clean them at least once a day. Be careful to use products that won’t damage the lenses. And no matter how tempting, never wipe your lenses with your shirt.
Why Zooey Might Have Chosen Classic Specs – Quality x Value
High-end glasses typically demand higher prices. Many designer brands sell their frames well beyond the $1,000 price point when lenses and add-ons are included. Superior materials and construction account for some of this price premium, including Italian acetate and features like premium barrel hinges and branded engraving.
Classic Specs boasts timeless designs that many high-profile personalities prefer. Their frames are made of Italian acetate sourced from a family-owned northern Italy factory, featuring high-end construction and branded engraving for a timeless style. These aspects rival other brands, the main difference being the price: Classic Specs frames and lenses can often be purchased for under $500. In addition, they offer a virtual try-on and an online vision test, so the process from start to finish is hassle-free (factors that celebs tend to prefer).
About Classic Specs
Classic Specs is known for its contemporary eyewear inspired by its designers’ favorite retro silhouettes. Born in Brooklyn, New York, the brand seeks to revive classic designs from every decade to create unique and iconic pieces for discerning consumers. Their frames feature high-quality craftsmanship with reinforced, stainless-steel hinges. Sourced from the famous six-generation Mazzucchelli family factory in northern Italy, Classic Specs frames are made of premium hypoallergenic cellulose acetate in unique, eye-catching chromotypes.
Many lens options are available, whether for reading glasses, distance, progressive, sunglasses, or fashion frames.